A Story to Tell.

Just got the kids to bed.

The whispers of the day have died down.

It’s the time when I get to pause and take stock.

So I am.

About the day.

But also about how my life has changed, and some of the things I’ve gotten to walk through these past several years.  About all of the things I’ve been silent about and some of the things I’ve shared.

I have not posted here on my blog in some time. Just wasn’t time.  Wasn’t the right time, for some of these things.

But I think I need to write about them now.  For myself.  But for others too.

Because I think I have a story to tell.

About being a dad.  About losing a daughter.  About being divorced.  About raising three sons on my own.  About the love of my family.  About the love of my friends.  About being an Architect, an Artist, a Writer.  About being broke.  About being a son.  Mostly though, mostly, it’s about my learning to have a God at the center of my life.

And I don’t know where its going to go.

But I’ll think a good place to start it is here.

So wish me luck.

God Bless.

Tom

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A Story to Tell.

1. Susana says:

Tom,
    Your are a very courageous young man that continues to be blessed with the amazing people who have come to and others who have grown to know you in the many directions in life. I hope to someday meet up with you again even for a short chat b/c I have not been around you in so very long. All of our lives tell a story but not all of us share our story. God Bless you and your boys!

2. Administrator says:

Susanna, I look forward to seeing you again too.

3. AJ Tierney says:

Tom,
    I wish you all my love on this journey. God is at the center of everything. I’m on a similar journey, and He brings me new blessings everyday.
    A prayer for you and your beautiful boys. 🙂
    Blessings,
    AJ

4. Administrator says:

Thank you so much for your friendship, AJ. 🙂

5. Kristin says:

Hi Tom, I want to share with you that I returned to the Catholic church after an adult lifetime of being away. I had not realized until a few years ago that I had impoverished myself and my children by entertaining a buffet of god-full-to-god-less other philosophies…. I have gathered much from all the wandering & studying, but, nothing has created such sweetness and faith in God as reading the words of Jesus. A Christ-centered life is a joyous life 🙂

Peace and blessings and laughter and happiness to you & your boys, Tom 🙂

6. Administrator says:

Thank you so much, Kristen.

7. Wayne Borean says:

That which doesn’t destroy us, makes us stronger. Besides, all the scars go into our writing.

Wayne